Financial Aid Resources
FAFSA (Federal Application for Student Aid) opens October 1, 2016
Click here to begin the new, simplified FAFSA: fafsa.gov
Why everyone should complete FAFSA
Why you should complete FAFSA in October (or as early as possible)
- You may qualify for financial aid.
- Even if you think you won't qualify for financial aid, you may qualify for other options like loans or on-campus jobs
- Some colleges require FAFSA to be completed to receive merit aid
Assistance completing FAFSA
- The Illinos MAP (Monetary Assistance Program) Grant is awarded to families with financial need on a first-come, first-served basis, so it is especially important for seniors considering an Illinois public university to complete their FAFSA early.
- Some colleges are beginning to award financial aid as early as November or December, though many colleges will stick to their normal timelines and award financial aid in February or March.
- Mundelein High School hosts several college planning, financial aid and FAFSA presentations and workshops during September and October.
- Meet with our Illinois Student Assistance Commission Corps member, Jasmine Jetton Gonzales. Jasmine is available to meet with students and families one-on-one every Tuesday at MHS in the CCRC from 9-2pm. Please contact her if you would like personal assistance:
Phone: (847) 946-0875
- Financial Aid 2017 Guide
Financial Aid Websites