Best Buddies 2012-2013 School Year
Advisors of Best Buddies:
Best Buddies Upcoming Activities:
- Saturday, November 10th Bowling at Lakeside Lanes from 12-1:30 pm
- Saturday, December 15th Pizza Party and Basketball Game from 5-7:30 pm
Best Buddies Upcoming Meetings:
- Officer Meeting Wednesday, November 7th after school till 4 pm
- Chapter Meeting Thursday, November 8th after school till 4 pm (Disabilities Awareness)
- Officer Meeting Wednesday, December 5th after school till 4 pm
- Chapter Meeting Thursday, December 13th from after school till 3:45-4:00 pm
Maureen Baker ext. 1119 email@example.com
Kim Goldberg ext. 1114 firstname.lastname@example.org
Best Buddies: Making a Difference
Best Buddies is an international non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the lives of people with intellectual disabilities by providing opportunities for mutually enriching one-to-one friendships and integrated employment. Best Buddies is the only organization within the U.S. and around the world focused exclusively on improving the lives of people with intellectual disabilities through one-to-one friendships with people without disabilities.
Founded in 1989 by Anthony K Shriver. By 2010, Best Buddies will
- Operate in all 50 states
- Establish programs in 50 countries
- Have 500,000 participants worldwide
Best Buddies envisions a world where people with intellectual disabilities are so successfully integrated into our schools, our workplaces and our general communities that our current efforts and services will be unnecessary.
Lifetime of Support
Once you join Best Buddies International, you can become a part of Best Buddies forever. Adult programs include e-Buddies, Best Buddies Citizens, and Best Buddies Jobs in numerous major cities.
Join us in enriching our own lives and those of others.
Besides having weekly contact with our buddies we have monthly meetings. Our chapter is run by students so there are opportunities for leadership experience. We have periodic events as a group and are invited to participate in other Best Buddies chapter groups. Many opportunities exist on a one-to-one level to group involvement.
School Mailing List
Sign up to receive the latest information on community events, news and alerts!