National Honor Society
WELCOME TO NHS AT MUNDELEIN FOR THE 2013-2014 SCHOOL YEAR
Don't forget - Homeroom Meetings are held every two weeks!
Please see the Calendar for updated meetings and events.
Note: This calendar can be synced to mobile devices and your d120.org Google account
Provided Hours: the information and opportunities for the event are given and provided by NHS - Board members may sign off for these events
Personal Hours: each member individually finds the information of the service event - Requires the signature of the event sponsor
Executive Board for the 2013-2014 NHS School Year:
Announcements and Reminders:
- President: Claire Erickson
- Vice President: Caroline Bullington
- Secretary: Kristin Doering
- Service Chairs: Jude Krauss and Maya Nienaber
- Events Chairs: Dave Everding and Kelly McCauley
- Webmaster: Steven Chin
- Members may start submitting their hour sheets if they have already completed all volunteer hours
- Please turn in PADS money to Courtney if you have not already done so - It is $5 and was due for new members by the end of January!
- Sign up for Tutoring and PADS - both are required for each member to do once only
- All event hours are capped at five. No exceptions
- This is to encourage volunteering at multiple events, not to discourage volunteering for more than five hours
- 30 hours must be completed for the 2013-2014 school year with no personal or provided hour requiremen
- Members may email if they wish to know how many hours they have already completed - a mass list of everyone's hours will not be posted due to privacy policies.
- Please check in if you have not been receiving the emails
Reminders from the End of the 2013 Year Meeting:
*IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT A BOARD MEMBER*
- All Summer Hours are Personal hours, not Provided hours
- Each Returning Member may count up to 10 Service Hours over the Summer - must be from two or more events
- In the 2012-2013 school year, a total of 20 hours must be done for returning members in addition to the five summer hours
- If chosen to complete 10 Summer hours, the extra five hours may be used for the required five personal hours for the school year