National Honor Society
WELCOME TO NHS AT MUNDELEIN FOR THE 2013-2014 SCHOOL YEAR
Don't forget - Homeroom meetings are held every two weeks!
Also, if you weren't at the February 18 meeting, you can get your assignment for the St. Patrick's Day Dance outside of the Nurse's office
Please see the Calendar for updated meetings and events.
Note: This calendar can be synced to mobile devices and your d120.org Google account
Provided Hours: the information and opportunities for the event are given and provided by NHS - Board members may sign off for these events
Personal Hours: each member individually finds the information of the service event - Requires the signature of the event sponsor
Executive Board for the 2013-2014 NHS School Year:
Announcements and Reminders:
- President: Claire Erickson
- Vice President: Caroline Bullington
- Secretary: Kristin Doering
- Service Chairs: Jude Krauss and Maya Nienaber
- Events Chairs: Dave Everding and Kelly McCauley
- Webmaster: Steven Chin
- Members may start submitting their hour sheets if they have already completed all volunteer hours
- Please turn in PADS money to Courtney if you have not already done so - It is $5 and was due for new members by the end of January!
- Sign up for Tutoring and PADS - both are required for each member to do once only
- All event hours are capped at five. No exceptions
- This is to encourage volunteering at multiple events, not to discourage volunteering for more than five hours
- 30 hours must be completed for the 2013-2014 school year with no personal or provided hour requiremen
- Members may email if they wish to know how many hours they have already completed - a mass list of everyone's hours will not be posted due to privacy policies.
- Please check in if you have not been receiving the emails
Reminders from the End of the 2013 Year Meeting:
*IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT A BOARD MEMBER*
- All Summer Hours are Personal hours, not Provided hours
- Each Returning Member may count up to 10 Service Hours over the Summer - must be from two or more events
- In the 2012-2013 school year, a total of 20 hours must be done for returning members in addition to the five summer hours
- If chosen to complete 10 Summer hours, the extra five hours may be used for the required five personal hours for the school year