Mundelein Invitational to feature 19 jazz bands
March 1, 2013
Mundelein High School will host its 48th Annual Mundelein Invitational on the MHS campus Saturday, March 9, from 8 am to 6 pm. Admission for the entire day is $5.
Nineteen middle and high school jazz ensembles will perform back to back in 25-minute time slots throughout the day. A special concert by the University of Illinois Concert Jazz Band will take place from 12:15 to 1:15 pm.
The $5 admission is good for all performances, all day. No tickets are required as everything is purchased on site on the day of the event. Doors will open between each performance for audience members to come and go as needed. Concessions and lunch will be available during the event as well.
Clinicians for the event include:
· Chip McNeill, University of Illinois Chair of Jazz Studies and saxophonist
· Victor Garcia, Roosevelt University and Loyola University trumpet instructor
· Larry Gray, University of Illinois jazz bass instructor
· John Wojciechowski, renowned saxophonist and member of the Chicago Jazz Orchestra
· Tom Garling, Northern Illinois University and Roosevelt University jazz trombone instructor.
“The invitational is a jazz festival that offers excellent performance and educational opportunities for middle and high school jazz ensembles to work with and listen to some of the most distinguished jazz artists and clinicians in the area,” said Keith Pitner, MHS Jazz Bands director.