Home : Power School for Parents
 

PowerSchool


PowerSchool
Parent Login Instructions (pdf file)
With the update to PowerSchool over the summer, parent login to PowerSchool has experienced some changes.The document above contains detailed instructions for creating an account.



Go directly to
POWERSCHOOL LOGIN

If this is your first time logging in, you may want to read the instructions below.  
    
We have the introductory flyer in a more printer-friendly format:
PowerSchoolflyer English.pdf (92k)  
    
We have the introductory flyer in Spanish in a more printer-friendly format:
PowerSchoolflyer Spanish.pdf (92k)  

If you are having difficulty logging on to PowerSchool from your home computer, please read this document, PowerSchool Client Home System Requirements (pdf file). This addresses the software needed for proper operation.

To view the PDF files, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader. It can be downloaded for free,
here.

School-Wide Grading Policy


Student coursework, work done during the 9 week grading period, is worth 80% of the student's term grade. The other 20% is from the Final Exam.

Parental Involvement and PowerSchool

Study after study has validated the fact that active parental interest and participation in their child's education is THE single most important determinant of a student's achievement. It is not a student's ethnicity, gender, or even economic status that will influence academic achievement. It is the active interest and involvement of the parents and guardians to their child's schoolwork and activities on a daily basis that will ultimately underwrite student progress. This is where the PowerSchool Parent Portal comes in to play, so let's take a look!

CONNECT
What is "PowerSchool"?
"PowerSchool" is the web-based student information system used by Mundelein High School District 120. It provides you with a convenient means of being involved in your student's school day. At any time you can get up-to-date information on a student's grades and attendance, as well as teacher comments, the daily bulletin for your student's school, and easy e-mail access to your student's teachers. You may also elect to have automatic e-mail reports sent to you on a daily, weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly basis by clicking on the e-mail notification link in PowerSchool.

How to Use PowerSchool
Confidential User IDs and Passwords will be issued at Open House. For your protection and confidentiality, we ask that you do not share this information with anyone. Parents, don't share your login with your student. Students will be issued their own ID and Password so they can keep track of their own grades and assignments, providing a way to help them accept responsibility for their work. To get your parent PowerSchool User ID and Password, contact the school office. For security purposes, we will not give login information over the phone, by fax, or via e-mail. You can request your ID and Password in person with a valid ID, or it can be mailed home to your mailing address on record.

CLICK
http://powerschool.mhs.k12.il.us/public
Once you have successfully logged on to PowerSchool, you can navigate to access the following information:

Click "Grades and Attendance" to view current grades and current attendance.

Click "Grades History" to view final grades from previous classes.

Click "Attendance History" to view attendance.

Click "Email Notification" to set your email preferences.

Click "Teacher Comments" to view any notes left by the teacher.

Click "School Bulletin" to view the daily announcements.

Class Registration and My Calendars are not used.
 

COLLABORATE
If you have any questions...

About the site Contact Techoloty at
847-949-2200 ext. 1300
About a grade Contact the teacher via PowerSchool teacher email link or 847-949-2200 and follow the prompts
About attendance Contact the Attendance Office at 847-949-2200, ext. 1394
About a password Contact Peggy Billittier 847-949-2200, ext. 1230

 

Quicklinks

School Mailing List

Sign up to receive the latest information on community events, news and alerts!
 
© 2009 Mundelein High School District 120. All Rights Reserved|1350 W. Hawley Street, Mundelein, IL 60060|Phone: 847-949-2200|Fax: 847-949-4756