||INVESTING IN THE FUTURE OF MHS STUDENTS:
The 1:1 Computing Initiative
Approved by the District 120 Board of Education in the fall of 2013, the 1:1 (one-to-one) Computing Initiave provides every student enrolled at Mundelein High School with his/her own Chromebook for use during all four years of attendance. Seniors will have the opportunity to purchase their Chromebook at the end of their senior year.
Chromebook Pick-Up for Incoming Freshmen & New Students
Incoming freshmen and new/transfer students are eligible to receive a Chromebook after completing the online high school registration process and electronically signing the necessary paperwork.
Chromebooks will be distributed during freshman orientation each year.
CHROMEBOOKS IN THE CLASSROOM
Take a look at the variety of ways Mundelein High School teachers and students use Chromebooks to enhance learning in the classroom:
IN THE NEWS
Mundelein High School Students using laptops in all classes for new tech initiative: Daily Herald
Technology Support Internship
Students - See your counselor to find out more about being a part of TSI
The Tech Support Internship is a year-long course that supports Mundelein High School's 1:1 technology initiative.
||Students in the Tech Support Internship will:
- troubleshoot & repair student Chromebooks
- support faculty & staff technology needs
- gain experience working in a real life tech support environment
- have the opportunity to pursue valuable industry recognized certifications
- develop skills in a variety of technology subjects
Seniors: Chromebook Purchase & Return Procedures
Chromebooks must be returned or purchased for a senior to be eligible to participate in the graduation ceremony.
Purchased Chromebooks will be sold “As Is” with no warranty. MHS will not offer any technology or repair support for purchased Chromebooks after May 12, 2017.
Chromebook Purchase Procedure
- Purchase: Seniors have the option to purchase the Acer Chromebook that was issued to them by MHS. The cost is $25.00. Payment may be made at the Bookstore beginning April 17, 2017 and must be completed prior to cap & gown pick up
- Return: All Chromebooks not purchased must be returned by May 12, 2017 prior to cap & gown pick up
Chromebook Return Procedure
- All outstanding school fees must be paid before Chromebook purchase is allowed.
- $25 (cash or credit card) must be paid in the school bookstore. Students will receive a paper receipt which is necessary for Step 3.
- Students must bring their paid receipts, issued Acer Chromebooks, and AC adaptors to the Technology Office in the Media Center for owner verification and decommissioning. Without decommissioning the purchased Chromebook, the device will become inoperable as of TBA, 2017.
- Seniors may return the Chromebooks and A/C adaptors TBA, 2017 during the school day in the TSI Office. Failure to return these items may result in an outstanding fee on the student’s district account.
- Senior Chromebooks will be inactive and no longer operable after TBA, 2017.
Seniors: Export your Google Data
If you would like to export any of your Google data, you can do so using the Google Takeout Tool.
Please note that senior Google accounts will be deleted August 1 each year
so the export must be completed prior to that date.