2018-2019 Parking Permit Options
The non-refundable cost for a 2018-2019 parking permit is $200.00 for a full-year permit and $120 for a single semester permit. The following types of parking permits are available:
- full-year permits $200
- 1st semester-only permits $120
- 2nd semester-only permits $120
Students are encouraged to apply for a FULL-YEAR parking permit if they're planning on parking on campus the entire year. All 1st semester-only permits will go back into the lottery at the end of the first semester. Students with first semester-only parking permits that want to park on campus for second semester are required to enter the lottery for second semester permits. There is no guarantee that a second semester-only permit will be available. The second semester lottery takes place the week before the first semester is over.
In order to be eligible to obtain a parking permit, students must:
- be a senior or junior
- be in good standing with all outstanding fees paid and limited parking violations while a student at MHS
- have a valid driver’s license
- have proof of insurance and current registration
- have a vehicle
- have been selected in the lottery system
- have completed the permission slip
- have paid for the permit
2018-2019 parking permit registration will be accepting applications from August 21, 8:00 a.m. through August 23, 2:00 p.m.
Parking spots are available and a randomized draw will occur. Winners will be posted after Friday August 24, 2018 2:00 p.m. Winners will need to produce completed paperwork and payment receipt on:
Lottery winners permit pick day will be Monday August 27 during periods 5-7 and 3:05 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. ONLY Outside the Security Office B152
Parking Permit Process
A three-step lottery system is used to determine which students receive parking permits.
Step 1: Register Online
Once registered you will be placed on a Waitlist.
- 2nd Round Full-year and First Semester Lottery Dates: August 21, 2018 at 8 a.m. through August 22, 2018 at 2:00 p.m.
- Register online
Step 2: Lottery Winners Selected
- Full year and first semester lottery winners will be selected after 4 p.m. on May 22, 2018. Using a randomizer (if needed for seniors), lottery numbers will be picked. Seniors get first priority; after all good-standing senior requests have been honored, junior numbers will be picked.
- Lottery winners will receive an email with a link to an online parking permit payment item. This email will be sent out on Thursday August 23, 2018 After 3:00 p.m..
- All parking permit payments must be made online and are due by Friday, August 24, 2018 2:00 p.m. You may NOT pay for your permit at the time of pick up. You must be in good standing in regards to past due fees, and overdue books//fines and limited previous MHS parking violations to be eligible to purchase a full year or first semester 2018-2019 parking permit. For questions regarding overdue fees/books, please see Mrs. Olson in the Bookstore Payment Center or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lottery winners permit pick day will be Monday August 27 periods 5th-7th and 3:05 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. ONLY Outside the Security Office B152.
Permits not picked up during this time will be forfeited.
Step 3: Claim Parking Permit
In order to claim the parking permit students must currently have a vehicle and come to the Security Front Desk with the following:
- a valid driver’s license
- proof of insurance
- current vehicle registration
- permission slip
- payment for the permit