2019-2020 Full Year and First Semester parking spots are available and a randomized draw will occur.
2019-2020 Full Year and First Semester parking permit lottery will be accepting applications Monday April 29, at 8:00 am through Wednesday May 15, at 2:00 pm
2019-2020 Parking Permit Options
The non-refundable cost for a 2019-2020 parking permit is $200.00 for a full-year permit and $120.00 for a single semester permit. The following types of parking permits are available:
- Full-year permits $200.00
- 1st semester-only permits $120.00
- 2nd semester-only permits $120.00
Students are encouraged to apply for a FULL-YEAR parking permit if they are planning on parking on campus the entire year. All 1st semester-only permits will go back into the lottery at the end of the first semester. Students with first semester-only parking permits that want to park on campus for second semester are required to enter the lottery for second semester permits. There is no guarantee that a second semester-only permit will be available. The second semester lottery takes place the week before the first semester is over.
In order to be eligible to obtain a parking permit, students must:
- Be a senior or junior
- Be in good standing with all outstanding fees paid and limited parking violations while a student at MHS – No outstanding service hours from 2018-2019
- Have a valid driver’s license*
- Have proof of insurance and current registration
- Have a working vehicle
- Have been selected in the lottery system
- Have completed the permission slip
- Have paid for the permit
*Students who are anticipating receiving their Driver’s License after the registration due date may still register for the lottery. If selected, a permit will he held until the student obtains a Driver’s License.
Parking Permit Process
A three-step lottery system is used to determine which students receive parking permits.
Step 1: Register Online
Once registered you will be placed on a waitlist.
Step 2: Lottery Winners Selected
- Lottery winners will receive an email with a link to an online parking permit payment item.
This email will be sent out after 3:00 p.m. on May 17.
- All parking permit payments can only be made online and are due by Tuesday August 6, at 11:59 pm. You may NOT pay for your permit at the time of pick up. You must be in good standing regarding past due fees, limited previous MHS parking violations with no outstanding 2018-2019 service hours to be eligible to purchase a 2019-2020 parking permit. For questions regarding any fees, please see Mrs. Olson in the Bookstore/Payment Center or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Permit payments will not be prorated.
Step 3: Claim Parking Permit
In order to claim the parking permit
- Lottery winner permit pick up days will be August 8, 8:00 am – 2:00 pm / August 9, 2:00 pm – 7:00 pm / August 12, 8:00 am – 2:00 pm Permits not picked up during this time will be forfeited.
Students must have:
- A valid Driver’s License
- Proof of Insurance
- Current vehicle registration
- Permission slip
- Payment for the permit
YOU MAY PARK ON CAMPUS BEGINNING AUGUST 13, ONLY if permit is displayed. **Lower right hand side (Passenger)**