Mundelein High School partnered with the Schuler Scholar Program in 2016 and selected their first class of Schuler Scholars for the 2016-2017 school year.
The Schuler Scholar Program equips bright, motivated youth with the support they need to gain access to and succeed at highly selective colleges and beyond. Throughout four years of high school, Schuler Scholars engage in a variety of academic, personal, and college preparatory programs, which are funded by the Schuler Scholar Program and are at no cost to the student or family.
Some of the resources that Schuler provides include:
- Academic support and enrichment in key subjects
- Interactive workshops on time management, study skills, leadership development, and more
- Cultural and social experiences (theater, museums, science laboratories, etc.)
- One-on-one college counseling from a dedicated Schuler College Counselor
Class of 2020
Class of 2021
After-school writing program
How do you become a Schuler Scholar?
Students who are in eighth grade and will attend Mundelein High School may apply to participate in the program. Applications are by invitation only and are distributed in the spring to students who:
- Have earned A's and B's in middle school, have strong standardized test scores (MAP or STAR), and are on track to be placed into Honors courses in high school. Schuler also considers motivation, need for guidance, extracurricular involvement, and financial need.
- In addition to academic performance, qualified applicants must meet at least two of the following criteria:
- You will need financial assistance to attend a four-year college or university. Typically, this means you have an annual household income of less than $80,000.
- You are a student of color.
- Your parents or guardians do not have a four-year college degree.
What types of colleges do Schuler Scholars attend?
Scholars attend highly selective colleges across the country. Some examples include:
Amherst College, Tufts University, Pomona College, Carleton College, Kenyon College, Davidson College, Wake Forest University and many more!
Scholars on a mural tour in Chicago's Pilsen neighborhood
Schuler Scholar Program Directory
« Back to Department List
Filter by Last Name:Show All
Filter By Department: