MHS Course Selection Guide
MHS Course Selection Guide graduation requirements includes all courses in the context of a Program of Study, the Common Core State Standards and NCAA Clearinghouse requirements.
Course Guide Features:
- Grade level criteria
- Number of semesters
- Number of credits
- Course description
- 6 units of elective credits
Current MHS students will begin course selection for the next academic year in November. 8th grade students will receive a mailing packet in late December explaining the course selection process. In addition, the Class of 2026 Night event held in January will begin the course selection process for 8th grade students.
Step 1: Planning out your program
- Align course with post-secondary plans.
- Review and discuss the Programs of Study with your son/daughter
Step 2: Looking Ahead
- Freshmen, sophomores, and juniors will fill up to 7 periods for the year. See 4-year plan
Step 3: Make Your Appointment-January
- Counselors will schedule individual appointments with each student.
- Students bring course selection worksheet to counselor meeting.
What to expect:
- A review of the graduation requirements
- Course selections
- Post high school planning
* Contact our Guidance Department for questions at (847) 949-2200