This page will be updated with information for the Class of 2018 as it becomes available.
2018 Graduation Letter
Diploma Name Confirmation
Because it is a legal document, the name on your high school diploma must match your birth certificate or a legal document from a court if a name change has occurred.
Students must meet all graduation requirements in order to participate in the graduation ceremony. Students are encouraged to check with their guidance counselors if they are uncertain of their eligibility status. Students who have outstanding fee balances on their school accounts will not be allowed to participate in end-of-year activities, including Prom, All Night Graduation Party, and Graduation. Fee balances are printed on the bottom of all progress reports and report cards. Chromebooks must be returned or purchased, and any Chromebook fees (repair or replacement) must be paid in order to be eligible to participate in the graduation ceremony. Please contact Mrs. Olson at extension 1235 with all fee questions.
Class of 2018 Cap & Gown Orders
All seniors will attend a meeting October 26, 2017 to receive information and order the graduation cap, tassel, alumni medal, and rental gown. MHS graduates rent a custom gown which is returned after the ceremony on graduation day, and purchase the cap,and tassel. Mundelein High School supplies an alumni medal on a fabric cord that is worn on graduation day, and can be used as a keychain after graduation. Seniors will also receive a packet of information, and order forms for graduation supplies including announcements, commemorative tassels, picture frames, and more.
Ordering Class Rings & Other Graduation Products
Herff Jones, our graduation supply vendor, will be at MHS during November to take orders for class rings, graduation announcements, and other graduation products (not cap & gown) on the following dates:
- November 2, 2017 during all lunch periods
- November 3, 2017 during all lunch periods
Herff Jones will deliver graduation announcements and senior products on Friday, February 23, 2018 during lunch periods outside the Main Office. Bring your balance due to pick up your order. Personal checks will not be accepted for final payment. You may bring cash on delivery day or pay online at highschool.herffjones.com. For more information please call Herff Jones at 815-756-4743. Extra announcements will be available for purchase.
Senior Honors Ceremony
All seniors and their parents/guardians are invited to attend the annual Senior Honors and Awards Ceremony on Tuesday, May 8, 2018 at 7:00pm in the MHS Auditorium. A reception will follow in the cafeteria. It is not necessary to wear graduation gowns for the Honors Ceremony.
Graduation rehearsal will take place at 9:00 a.m. on May 9, 2018 in the North Gym. It is not necessary to wear graduation gowns for rehearsal.
Senior Final Exams
Final exams for seniors will take place on May 9 & 10, 2018. Wednesday, May 9 is a late-start day and Thursday, May 10 is a regular schedule day with classes beginning at 7:45 a.m.
Seniors who have a current grade of “C” in a particular course may request permission to waive the final exam in that course during second semester only.
Senior final exam exemption requirements
- Academic credits necessary to graduate – non graduates need to take final exams
- No suspensions during senior year
- No athletic or activities code violations during senior year
- Semester grade of “C” or better in the class for which the exam exemption is requested
- Parent and Teacher approval on exemption form
- No unexcused absences during semester 2 in any class
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Smigielski or Mr. Thatcher. Initial eligibility will be run on April 27. Students will be notified by their student email if they are eligible. Eligible students must pick up a parent/teacher permission form in the Dean’s Office. A second (confirming) eligibility will be run on May 7. Students who become ineligible will be notified by student email by May 8.
Senior Chromebook Return or Purchase
Chromebooks must be returned or purchased for a senior to be eligible to participate in the graduation ceremony.
Click here for complete Chromebook purchase and return procedures.
Purchase Chromebook: Seniors have the option to purchase the Chromebook that was issued to them by MHS.
- The cost is $25.00. Payment may be made at the Bookstore beginning April 30, 2018 with cash or credit card. No checks will be accepted.
- Purchased Chromebooks are sold “As Is” with no warranty.
- MHS will not offer any technology or repair support for purchased Chromebooks after the date of purchase.
Return Chromebook: All Chromebooks not purchased must be returned by May 11, 2018.
Please note: 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students do not have to return their issued Chromebooks for the summer. Please call TSI (847-949-2200 x1234) with any questions.
Export Google Data:
Senior Google accounts are deleted August 1 each year. Seniors who want to save their Google data can follow these export instructions.
Cap & Gown and Ticket Pick-Up
- May 11, 2018 in the North Gym from 7:45 am to noon. There is no busing.
- In order to pick up your cap & gown and tickets you must turn in or puchase your Chromebook, turn in or pay for any outstanding textbooks or library books, and pay any outstanding balance on your student account. These tasks can be completed ahead of time or on May 11, 2018 from 7:45 am-noon.
- TO AVOID LINES ON FRIDAY, all tasks except cap, gown and ticket pick up may be taken care of prior to May 11. If you are exempting from finals you may purchase or return your Chromebook early!
Caps & Gowns Balance Due before or at pick up:
Herff Jones will deliver caps and gowns on Friday, May 11, from 7:45 till noon in the North Gym. Bring your balance due to pick up your cap and gown. Herff Jones does not accept personal checks at delivery. Please call 815-756-4743 to pay by credit card, or bring cash on delivery day. If you did not order your cap and gown you may purchase one on May 11. The cost is $60.00.
Tickets and Seating:
Each graduate will be issued 15 tickets for guest seating. No additional tickets will be available. General seating will begin at 2:00 pm.
All seniors are invited to come to this year's two-part senior celebration.
- Friday, May 11, 2018
- 6-8 p.m. Xfactor Trampoline Park followed by food & events at MHS until 11 p.m.
- Pizza, soda, hypnotist and more
X Factor Trampoline
The first part of the senior celebration is optional and requires registration, waiver, and payment of $10 (4:45 pm – 8:15 pm). Students must ride the bus departing from MHS.
Sign-up for the X Factor Trampoline needs to be done by May 10, 2018.
Register and Pay online for Trampoline Park
MHS Trampoline Permission Slip
- 4:45-5:30 p.m. Students check in loose items at the MHS book store. No phones, keys or hats are allowed at the trampoline park.
- 5:30 p.m. Bus(es) depart MHS for Xfactor Trampoline Family Entertainment Park
- 6:00-8:00 p.m. Hanging out at XFactor Trampoline Park (free style trampolines, foam pits, American Ninja and inflatables, battle beam, dodge ball, basketball, laser tag and more.
- 8:15 pm: Leave X Factor Trampoline Park and head to MHS.
Food & Hypnotist at MHS
The second part (8:15-11:00 p.m.) is open to all graduating seniors and is free.
Graduation Day Photos
Visual Image Photography (VIP) will be taking photos at this year's graduation ceremony. Please visit vipis.com a few days after graduation. Enter your school name and click on “Graduation Portraits” Any Questions? Contact VIP at email@example.com or 262.375.9633.
Graduation will be held on Sunday, May 13, 2018 at 3:00 pm at the Sears Centre Arena, 5333 Praire Stone Parkway, Hoffman Estates, IL. Seniors need to report to the Sears Centre by 2:00 pm. Students may drive to the Sears Centre on their own, however, bus transportation to the Sears Centre and back to MHS will be available for students and their families who need it. There will be no cost for bus transportations.
Parking at the Sears Centre: