Senior Year Graduation Information
English and Spanish.
Diploma Name Confirmation
Because it is a legal document, the name on your high school diploma must match your birth certificate or a legal document from a court if a name change has occurred.
Students must meet all graduation requirements in order to participate in the graduation ceremony. Students are encouraged to check with their guidance counselors if they are uncertain of their eligibility status. Students who have outstanding fee balances on their school accounts will not be allowed to participate in end-of-year activities, including Prom, All Night Graduation Party, and Graduation. Fee balances are printed on the bottom of all progress reports and report cards. Chromebooks must be returned or purchased, and any Chromebook fees (repair or replacement) must be paid in order to be eligible to participate in the graduation ceremony. Please contact Mrs. Olson at extension 1235 with all fee questions.
Class of 2019 Cap & Gown Orders
All seniors attended a meeting October 2018 to receive information and order the graduation cap, tassel, alumni medal, and rental gown. MHS graduates rent a custom gown which is returned after the ceremony on graduation day, and purchase the cap, and tassel. Mundelein High School supplies an alumni medal on a fabric cord that is worn on graduation day, and can be used as a keychain after graduation.
Ordering Class Rings & Other Graduation Products
Class rings, graduation announcements, and other graduation products (not cap & gown) may be ordered through Herff Jones at 815-756-4743 or online at highschool.herffjones.com.
Senior Honors Ceremony
All seniors and their parents/guardians are invited to attend the annual Senior Honors and Awards Ceremony on Tuesday, May 7, 2019 at 7:00 pm in the MHS Auditorium. A reception will follow in the cafeteria. It is not necessary to wear graduation gowns for the Honors Ceremony.
This year’s Senior Celebration consists of two parts that are open to all graduating seniors. The 1st half is optional and requires the following 3 items: Field Trip Permission form, waiver, and registration & payment of $10 through Revtrak. This part of the event runs from 6:00 pm until 8:15 pm. The 2nd half begins at MHS around 8:15 and is Free, but requires registration through Revtrak. Keep reading for more details!!!
- Friday, May 10
- 8:15 pm – Pizza, beverages ---- FREE
- 9:00 pm – 11:30 pm - Hypnotist (Grand Finale)----- FREE
Optional Senior Celebration at XFactor Trampoline Park (Requires waiver, field trip permission form, registration & payment through Revtrak (STUDENT MUST RIDE BUS DEPARTING FROM MHS) :
- 5:15 pm – 5:50 pm: Students will check in loose items at the MHS book store. No phones, keys or even hats are allowed at the trampoline place.
- 6:00 pm: Bus(es) leave MHS
- 6:15 – 6:25 pm: Check-in at XFactor Trampoline Park
- 6:30 – 8:00 pm: Hanging out at XFactor Trampoline Park (free style trampolines, foam pits, American Ninja and inflatables, battle beam, dodge ball, basketball, laser tag and more.
- 8:10 pm: Leave XFactor Trampoline Park and head to MHS.
Please fill out the waiver online (see the link below) prior to the event. You will not be allowed in XFactor without the waiver submitted. Entering your Jump ID into your waiver form will speed up your check in! Your Jump ID is: 96265
Please click this link to fill out the XFactor waiver on their website: Purchase Ticket
Graduation rehearsal will take place at 9:00 a.m. on Thursday, May 2, 2019 in the North Gym. It is a late start day. Please be in the North Gym in your assigned row at 8:50 am.
Senior Final Exams
Final exams for seniors will take place on May 9, 2019. Thursday, May 9 is a regular schedule day with classes beginning at 7:45 a.m.
Seniors who have a current grade of “C” in a particular course may request permission to waive the final exam in that course during second semester only.
Senior final exam exemption requirements
- Academic credits necessary to graduate – non graduates need to take final exams
- No suspensions during senior year
- No athletic or activities code violations during senior year
- Semester grade of “C” or better in the class for which the exam exemption is requested
- Parent and Teacher approval on exemption form
- No unexcused absences during semester 2 in any class. For example, if you were marked unexcused in 2nd period, you cannot exempt out of any finals)
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Barger, Mr. Garcia, or Mr. Thatcher. Initial eligibility will be run on April 29. Students will be notified by their student email if they are eligible. Eligible students must pick up a parent/teacher permission form in the Dean’s Office. A second (confirming) eligibility will be run on May 6. Students who become ineligible will be notified by student email by May 7.
Senior Chromebook Return or Purchase
Chromebooks must be returned or purchased for a senior to be eligible to participate in the graduation ceremony. Click here for complete Chromebook purchase and return procedures.
Purchase Chromebook: Seniors have the option to purchase the Chromebook that was issued to them by MHS.
- The cost is $25.00. Payment may be made at the Bookstore beginning April 30, 2019 with cash or credit card. No checks will be accepted.
- Purchased Chromebooks are sold “As Is” with no warranty.
- MHS will not offer any technology or repair support for purchased Chromebooks after the date of purchase.
Return Chromebook: All Chromebooks not purchased must be returned by May 10, 2019.
Cap & Gown and Ticket Pick-Up
- May 10, 2019 in the North Gym from 7:45 am to noon. There will be a bus at noon for students who need the bus to get home.
- In order to pick up your cap & gown and tickets you must turn in or puchase your Chromebook, turn in or pay for any outstanding textbooks or library books, and pay any outstanding balance on your student account. These tasks can be completed ahead of time or on May 10, 2019 from 7:45 am-noon.
- TO AVOID LINES ON FRIDAY, all tasks except cap, gown and ticket pick up may be taken care of prior to May 10. If you are exempting from finals you may purchase or return your Chromebook early!
Caps & Gowns Balance Due before or at pick up:
Herff Jones will deliver caps and gowns on Friday, May 10, from 7:45 till noon in the North Gym. Bring your balance due to pick up your cap and gown. Herff Jones does not accept personal checks at delivery. Please call 815-756-4743 to pay by credit card, or bring cash on delivery day. If you did not order your cap and gown you may purchase one on May 10. The cost is $60.00.
Tickets and Seating:
Each graduate will be issued 15 tickets for guest seating. No additional tickets will be available. General seating will begin at 2:00 pm.
Graduation Day Photos
Visual Image Photography (VIP) will be taking photos at this year's graduation ceremony. Please visit vipis.com a few days after graduation. Enter your school name and click on “Graduation Portraits” Any Questions? Contact VIP at email@example.com or 262.375.9633.
Graduation will be held on Sunday, May 12, 2019 at 3:00 pm at the Sears Centre Arena, 5333 Praire Stone Parkway, Hoffman Estates, IL. Seniors need to report to the Sears Centre by 2:00 pm. Students may drive to the Sears Centre on their own, however, bus transportation to the Sears Centre and back to MHS will be available for students and their families who need it. There will be no cost for bus transportation. Due to enhanced security by the Sears Centre students will be required to pass through a metal detector and guests may encounter additional security screening. Any unnecessary bags should be left at home.
Parking at the Sears Centre: