Our top priority is the health and safety of our students, staff and families. The following guidelines, created with recommendations from the Illinois Department of Public Health and the Lake County Health Department, will be in place for Mundelein High School.
- Buses will go back to full capacity without seating charts.
- Lunch will go back to pre-pandemic spacing.
- Assemblies are allowed.
- Locker rooms will be made available to students.
- Visitors are allowed back in the buildings/classrooms.
Contact Tracing / Quarantine:
Students who test positive for COVID will be required to quarantine for five days. Those with COVID-related symptoms are asked to stay home from school until testing negative or being symptom-free for at least 24 hours. There will be no official contact tracing. However, there are distinct situations which should be monitored, tracked and responded to:
When sports teams, bands and clubs meeting more than once a week have three positive cases in a five-day period, parents and guardians of those students will be notified and optional testing will be offered. An adaptive pause could be considered.
- Masks will remain optional among both students and staff.
- For those returning from quarantine, masks are recommended for days 6-10 after a positive test.
- Nurses offices will maintain two spaces - one for COVID-19, the other for non-COVID-19 cases.
- Masks must be worn by everyone entering a nurse’s office.
- The D120 Maintenance Department will follow the same protocols as implemented in the spring of 2022. This includes disinfecting the school and ensuring ventilations systems provide an adequate amount of outside air.