...dedicated to academic excellence for all learners through the core values of equity, growth, and collaboration
The following navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move through main tier links and expand / close menus in sub tiers. Up and Down arrows will open main tier menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.
Students can receive college credit by taking AP Art their fourth year.
Students should plan on taking an Art class every year, starting freshman year.
The Art classes at MHS are organized into three areas:
(drawing and painting)
(sculpture, ceramics, and metals)
1. Art classes make you think differently
2. You don’t have to be good at drawing to find an art class you can excel at
3. It will make your schedule less monotonous - it’s FUN!
4. Creativity is a beneficial skill in any field
5. You can share your thoughts and ideas
6. Studies show that Art classes can benefit students in other academic classes