Period 1 - Spanish IV Honors
Period 2 - Spanish 3
Period 3 - Spanish IV Honors
Period 4 - OFF
BA-Spanish Language Education-Illinois State University
MA-Master of Arts in Teaching and Leadership-St. Xavier University
8 years at MHS
Arrive on time.
Come prepared everyday.
Participate en español everyday.
By the end of any World Language course, students will……..
· Speak- Manipulate the language through speaking, using appropriate words and pronunciation. (State Goal 28)
· Write- Demonstrate language proficiency through writing by using appropriate words and sentence structure in order to express ideas. (State Goal 28)
· Listen- Listen to and derive meaning from a variety of authentic language sources. (State Goal 30)
· Read- Read and interpret written texts to provide specific information for a variety of purposes. (State Goal 28)
· Explore culture- Compare and contrast different aspects of world cultures. (State Goal 29)
La clase de español:
- Daily homework will be reviewed everyday and is worth 5 points. You are expected to have your homework completed before you walk into the classroom. Remember it is extra practice for you to do at home.
- Projects will be assigned throughout the term; some may constitute a traditional form of assessment.
- Speaking will be assessed through exams and individual, group or paired activities.
- Assessments will be administered on a weekly basis on relevant material covered in class.
- Participation will be assessed in a weekly manner. Participating in classroom discussions and activities will help you build a stronger foundation and increase your knowledge and skill of the Spanish language. Learning a language is a fun process; so make sure you always come to class with a positive attitude.
Helpful Links contains resources that YOU can use to learn more and practice.
<table width="133" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3"><tr><td align="center"><a href="http://www.website-hit-counters.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://www.website-hit-counters.com/cgi-bin/image.pl?URL=264724-8965" alt="website-hit-counters.com" border="0" ></a></td></tr><tr><td align="center"><font style="font-family: Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 9px; color: #330006; text-decoration: none;">Web counter by <a href="http://www.website-hit-counters.com" target="_blank" style="font-family: Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 9px; color: #555556; text-decoration: none;" title="web counter">web counter</a> web site.</font></td></tr></table>