As Mundelein High School continues to implement our Hybrid Learning model, we will continue to track and communicate our local data on the following metrics:
1. Incidence Rate (Number of new cases per 100,000 persons within the last 14 days)
2. Positivity Percentage (Percentage of RT-PCR tests that are positive during the last 14 days)
3. Implementation of five key mitigation strategies:
- Consistent and correct use of masks
- Social distancing to the largest extent possible
- Hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Contact tracing in collaboration with the local health department
4. Percent change in new cases per 100,000
5. Student and Staff COVID Data
A D120 weighted average is created for Metrics 1, 2, and 4. These weighted averages are created using data related to the student population in the D120 community. Data for these metrics (1,2,4) will be pulled from the Northwestern.edu COVID dashboard.
Metrics 3 and 5 will be locally tracked and communicated.
The decision to return to the Hybrid mode was based on guidance from the Lake County Health Department, which states that school districts should utilize CDC indicators and thresholds for risk of introduction and transmission of COVID-19 in schools. Mundelein D120 acknowledges that our metrics communicate varying levels of risk (as guided by CDC). Public health officials have advised that school districts can safely implement a Hybrid model if the five mitigation strategies are in place.