Mundelein High School FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) students had a number of top-ten finishers during the 2023 Northern Area Conference at the College of Lake County in January.
Area schools and students participated in more than 70 events. MHS students either took objective tests or gave live presentations on a wide variety of topics. Students who score the top in their event can advance to the State Competition held in April.
Participants included seniors Ava McQuain and Jared Reyes, juniors Animesh Bijawat, Devin Boongaling, Natalie Carrera, Kurt Dumblauskas, Xander Ede, William Fisher, Dominic Kampa, Lucy Moran, Charlotte Oliver, Thomas Russ, Azael Sanchez, Hanna Tenson, and Victoria Zherebna, sophomores Victor Alva and Diego Lopez, and freshmen Gabriella Goodson and Jacob Hamberg. MHS Faculty sponsors Chris Hoster and Paul Franzen also helped organize and supervise the event.
Top 10 finishers from MHS included:
- 1st Place - Kurt Dumblauskas (Business Communication), Thomas Russ (Personal Finance), Jared Reyes (Supply Chain Management)
- 2nd Place - Hanna Tenson (Political Science)
- 3rd Place - Victoria Zherebna (Business Calculations), Charlotte Oliver (Business Communication), Animesh Bijawat and Devin Boongaling (Digital Video Production)
- 4th Place - Ava McQuain (Publication Design), Xander Ede (Website Design)
- 5th Place - Dominic Kampa (Human Resource Management), Lucy Moran (Organizational Leadership)
- 6th Place - Azael Sanchez (Economics), William Fisher (Public Speaking)
- 7th Place - Jacob Hamberg (Introduction to Financial Math), Gabriella Goodson (Introduction to Public Speaking)
- 9th Place - Diego Lopez (Intro to Business Communication)
- Top Finalist - Xander Ede (Battle of the Chapters)
FBLA is the largest student business Career and Technical Student organization in the world. In addition to running the Mustang Nation Spirit Store, Mundelein FBLA students prepare for careers in business through academic competitions, leadership and service development, and educational programs.