Welcome to Mundelein High School
This is an exciting time for eighth grade students, transfer students and parents as you prepare for the transition from your current school to MHS. We understand that this new beginning can be fun and stressful at the same time. This section of the website will help take away any of the stress and leave just the fun. By making this section of the website your new “Home,” you will be able to have many of your initial questions answered and learn about the many ways that students new to MHS can soon learn to feel “at home” here. The booklet below, in both English and Spanish, will provide an initial overview of the rights and responsibilities of MHS students along with information about clubs, activities, and sports that you are encouraged to consider.
Mundelein High School New Students brochure
English / Español
8th Grade Transition Events
Meet the Mustangs: 8th Grade Welcome Night: Monday, October 28th, 2019, at 6:30 pm
Goal: Introduce families to MHS and provide initial exposure to building, students, and programs
- Learn about the latest and greatest at MHS
- Take a building tour
- Sign up to shadow a current MHS student
- Ask questions you have about the MHS experience
- Find out how to make your elective course selections
- Sign-up to shadow a current MHS student
- Meet the Mustangs Presentation English/Spanish
Class of 2024 Curriculum Night PowerPoint
Class of 2024 Night: January 16, 2020
Goal: Introduce 8th grade families to culture, curriculum and activities. Select and submit 9th grade courses before leaving.
- Learn about academic opportunities available
- Learn about extracurricular opportunities available
- Find out more about your core academic placements
- Select your elective courses
- Learn about all the extracurricular opportunities MHS has to offer by visiting the activities fair and talking with current MHS students
- Have questions answered related to your MHS experience
- Class of 2024 Night Invitation: English/Spanish
New Parent/Transfer Parent Meeting: August 6, 2020, at 6:00 pm
Goal: Tie up loose ends to ensure student comfort and preparation in starting at MHS.
- Student Handbook
- Technology 1:1 info
- Medical/Physical info
- School supplies
- Calendar features
- Specific questions to starting school and the school environment
9th Grade Orientation: August 7, 2020, at 7:30 am – 3:00 pm
Goal: Transition all students into the Mustang Way!
Hosted by LinkCrew!
- There will be regular bus schedules in the morning and afternoon
* Busing information will be posted on individual student course schedules
- Students should NOT bring any materials with them on this day
- Students will find their lockers and classrooms
- Students will receive Chromebooks
- All students will receive free lunch
*Additional ala carte items can be purchased
Please contact the main office with dietary questions at (847) 949-2200
9th Grade Course Selection Process
Review the following links to become familiar with the course selection process for your incoming 9th grade student. Additional links are also provided for future plannning.
Information regarding registration is below. If you have any questions about enrolling your child into Mundelein High School, please call Patty DeLozier at (847) 949-2700, ext. 2014, or fax (847) 949-2727.
Additional information regarding free/reduced lunch service and free/reduced fees is available below as well.
Nurse's Office and Health Services
The Nurse’s Office of Mundelein High School is staffed with two full-time Registered Professional Nurses. A certified Nurse also addresses the health needs of the students receiving special education services.